Paige McPherson

EDCI 335

Peer Review

howdowelearnbetter.wordpress.com

The interactive learning resource I have chosen to review is Pod #4 on ‘How Do We Learn Better’.

By first entering the website, I can acknowledge the organized layout of the website. This organization helps to easily navigate each part of the website and find necessary topics easily. The topic tabs are easily seen and are beneficial to direct where you are going and what information you will find in each tab. As well as the incorporation of intriguing photos. Photos help readers and learners to stay engaged as being engulfed in a sea of words can be hard to follow.

For the learning context, you desire that the demographic is post-secondary students or early adults. Although this is a good age to choose as the next few years of life could be crucial for learning, but it might be challenging to get these learners out of their already set routines. It might be beneficial to strive for a younger age such as middle-schoolers so that they can apply these techniques throughout their middle school and high school years. Just from personal experience, I know I struggled with finding the right techniques to learn and study throughout my young adolescence years.

I appreciate the goals of striving for an all inclusive delivery of learning as it is important that everyone has a fair opportunity for achieving goals of your interactive learning resource. To allow for ELL learners to also have several options for learning an idea could be to have someone who speaks both languages. I suggest this idea as sometimes translator applications do not always correspond the translation between two languages correctly.

I like the idea of your formative assessment. It is engaging to all learners and as they are general based questions there is not a bias towards anyone. The accessibility of the formative assessment is also very important and I believe that delivering through Google Form is a strong way of every learning being able to access. And for the summative assessment, this is a great way to get engagement from everyone. Each learner is able to communicate with other learners to expand or understand their material learnings. This is also a strong way of instructors being able to respond and reflect on learners understandings.

Overall, I think that the layout of your website is great. It is easy to follow, interactive and self explanatory. The assessments are engaging and inclusive so that everyone is able to participate to the extent they are comfortable with.

Great job,

Paige